Women's Initiative for Self-Employment
Job Title: Regional Director for Development and Operations
Location: San Jose, CA
Salary: FT Regular
ABOUT THE WOMEN'S INITIATIVE FOR SELF-EMPLOYMENT (WISE)
Since 1988, Women's Initiative for Self Employment (WISE) has provided a one-stop shop where high-potential, lower-income women receive training to start and grow their business. The business management training, technical assistance, and financing services we provide - in English and Spanish - improve the quality of life for the women we serve, their families and our communities. WISE has been a leader in the United States microenterprise movement for 19 years. Today WISE trains more clients than any other microenterprise organization in the nation, empowering women financially and personally through training, financial services and ongoing support programs. With current offices in San Francisco and Oakland, WISE has a staff of about 25 plus 15 contractors, and an annual budget of about $2,600,000. For more information, please visit http://www.womensinitiative.org/.
The Regional Director (RD) will start up and lead WISE's expansion in the San Jose area. The primary role and the majority of time will be spent on fundraising. The RD will be closely involved in the creative process of building and leading the regional headquarters in San Jose. As the organization matures, the RD will have other operational and programmatic responsibilities. The RD will be able to utilize support from a local board and the close collaboration of the Executive Team of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide leadership in the planning, implementation, and fundraising for the San Jose regional office.
* Work with senior leaders to identify fundraising priorities.
* Manage the operations and staffing of the San Jose office.
* Work with the WISE Executive Team in providing leadership and ongoing strategic planning, particularly as it relates to fundraising.
* Provide ongoing fundraising information and education to WISE's key constituencies.
* Direct major and annual fundraising programs.
* Personally manage a portfolio of top prospects.
* Develop and implement public relations plans designed to enhance awareness of WISE and its programs including media contacts, publications and events.
* Demonstrated success in raising significant gifts from institutions and individual donors
* Previous success managing staff, especially in the context of fundraising.
* Experience with and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
* Demonstrated mastery of a wide range of fundraising techniques (foundations, major gifts, planned gifts, special events, marketing)
* Superior written and oral communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Enthusiasm for WISE's mission
* College degree
* Ability to communicate in more than one language, especially in English and Spanish
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may be subject to background checks. Women's Initiative is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, older candidates, and persons with disabilities to apply.
How to Apply:
Candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume by e-mail to: email@example.com. Organization Web Site: www.pamelacook.com
Email replies to: firstname.lastname@example.org