Lavender Seniors of the East Bay / A Project of The Tides Foundation
Job Status: Exempt
Reports to: Advisory Board Officers
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Work Schedule: Full Time
LAVENDER SENIORS IS RECRUITING TO FILL THIS POSITION. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO LAVENDER SENIORS, 1395 Bancroft Ave., San Leandro, CA 94577 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your resume must be postmarked by 3-30-07.
• Leadership & Teamwork – Provides expertise and leadership in working with the Board and Staff to build the organization’s structure to meet the mission of the agency. The Director will do this in the manner that demonstrates the greatest possible efficiency and effectiveness. The mission of Lavender Seniors of the East Bay is to improve the quality of life of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) elders through direct service, community outreach, advocacy and education.
• Fundraising & Budgeting – Ensures adequate funds are in place to operate agency programs.
* Management – Manages and develops programs, volunteers and staff to ensure that they are responsive to the needs of LGBT elders in western Contra Costa County and Alameda Counties.
* Administration – Ensures that required reports and other paperwork are submitted to the appropriate agencies at the appropriate time.
* Leadership – Provides leadership agency wide, to the LGBT community, local governments and the Aging Community regarding the needs of LGBT seniors. Leads the Agency in demonstrating the need for agencies and people to be sensitive to the needs of LGBT seniors. Provides staff support to the Advisory Board so that is can accomplish its goals. Supervises staff to ensure that the objectives and policies of the Advisory Board are carried out and that the standards of all auditing and monitoring agencies are adhered to.
* Program Development & Implementation – Surveys subscribers with regard to their needs and stays abreast of needs assessment data at local, regional and national levels to advise the Advisory Board and funders for future programs. Writes and submits grants in accordance with Board priorities, to implement programs, hire staff and acquire equipment. Visions for the future and creates the funding opportunities for the agency. Keeps records of provided services in Program Numbers reports to the Advisory Board. These will capture major activities held by Lavender Seniors.
* Fundraising & Budgeting – Researches funding opportunities in the public and private sectors for the Bay Area and western region. Develops relationships with funders and potential funders to ensure their satisfaction with the work of the Agency and synchronization of the Agency’s work with funders’ goals. Develops and maintains healthy working relationships with staff of funders. Maintains Proposal Summary to track proposals and their requirements. Chairs Fundraising Committee of Advisory Board. Creates annual budget and updates it as revenues change. Manages finances.
* Manages volunteers via the Volunteer Management Plan. Ensures that volunteers are recruited for and properly used in programs. Ensures that the Lavender Seniors MSW Internship Program continues to recruit and train MSW candidates.
* Personnel – Hires, supervises and terminates staff in accord with The Tides Center’s requirements. Director’s work schedule is at the discretion of the Advisory Board.
* Program Activities – Provides needed staff work to ensure that newsletter, monthly lunches, website, outreach, and cultural competency activities remain responsive to individual subscriber and community needs.
* Organizational Relationships – Maintains relationships and involvement with other LGBT agencies and works with them to promote common goals.
• Wellness & Safety – Ensures a safe working environment and manages all worker’s compensation and unemployment claims.
• Experience Education – Master’s degree equivalent level of education and/or training in business administration, special education, social work, or other relevant work. Master’s in Social Work is desired.
• Knowledge -- A minimum of five years of experience in the administration of social service programs, including financial responsibility and management. Knowledge of the needs of LGBT seniors is desirable. A grant writing sample is required prior to hiring. Knowledge of the non-profit grant writing community in the Bay Area is required. Computer skills a must, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Internet.
• Skills and Abilities -- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals and public funding applications. Ability and willingness to represent the Agency in public and before governmental bodies.
• Physical Requirements of the Job – Ability to sit for extended periods. Ability to drive and walk short distances.
Immediate Supervisor: _Advisory Board Co-Chair____ Dept. Head:_______________
Human Resources:__________________ Effective Date__3-9-07_______