Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bi Women of Color Book
Call for Submissions and Participants
I am currently working on a book about the sociology and psychology of bisexual women of color in our culture. I am searching for volunteers to participate in this project in either one or all of the following areas:
  • Participate in an anonymous survey addressing psychological issues and bisexual women of color
  • Participate in an anonymous survey addressing sociological issues and bisexual women women of color
  • Submit an essay, 3-5 pages long, in your own words, addressing your experience as a bisexual woman of color, including your relationships, self identity, role as a parent, etc.
Each of the surveys will take about 20-25 minutes and can be done either by phone or email.

The essay will be a short testimonial and journal addressing several areas. I will provide all contributors with a guide of areas to address, but it will ultimately be up to you on what you would like to say and how you express yourself; the final version will not be published without your approval.

I am encouraging all bi women of color and different ethnicities to participate. The overall goal of this book is to effectively increase our visibility, educate others about our lives, and allow us a space in which we can talk about what is important to us today, and what we are hoping for the future and the future of our children. I am looking for women ages 18 and over, and transgender women are strongly encouraged to participate as well.I look forward to hearing from you and working with you. Thank you.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Please email me at brooklyntherapist@yahoo.com. I am based in New York and looking forward to hearing from my bi sisters in other parts of the country.

No comments: